HDFC Bank along with the partnership with IndiGo, both the biggest in their respective categories, has launched two co-branded cards in India, namely 6E Rewards and 6E Rewards XL. Both these cards offer good rewards which can be redeemed on IndiGo website. Therefore, today we’re here to have a closer look at 6E Rewards – IndiGo HDFC Bank Credit Card. For sure, this information will help you to get all the details about rewards, usage and benefits of this card.
So, keep going through the information given below and have a closer look at this credit card.
- As a welcome benefit, you get one complimentary IndiGo base fare ticket voucher of ₹ 1,500. The voucher would be available in your 6E account after you make three or more transactions in each of the first three months.
- One complimentary 6E Prime voucher would be provided, which includes early check-in, seat selection, a complimentary meal and a priority baggage claim.
Other Card Benefits
- Discounted convenience fees of Rs 100 per passenger when booking via IndiGo website.
- Fuel Surcharge waiver of 1%, upto maximum of Rs 25,000 in 1 billing cycle.
- Complimentary three addon cards.
Earning Reward Points
- Earn Upto 10% 6E Rewards on select partners like NetMeds, Avis
- Earn 2.5% 6E Rewards on payments on IndiGo.
- Earn 2% 6E Rewards on Groceries, movies, dine and on amusement expenses.
- 1% 6E Rewards on other expenses.
Redeeming Reward Points
Reward points earned would be credited in your 6E Rewards account. The value of each reward point is Re one and can be used for booking IndiGo flight tickets or via booking ancillary like 6E Prime, 6E Tiffin, Excess Baggage, Seat Plus etc
Eligibility For The Card
Age: 21 years to 60 years
Income: net monthly salary > Rs 20,000
Age: 21 years to 65 years
Income: ITR > Rs 6 lacs per annum
Fees & Charges
- First-Year Membership Fee – Rs 700 + taxes
- Annual Membership Fee – Rs 700 + taxes
Like most other co-branded cards, membership fees can’t be waived based on the spends.
- Foreign Markup charges- 3.5% + taxes
2% 6E Reward points on Groceries, movies is better than most of the credit cards in this category, but as a travel card, we were expecting atleast 1 or 2 complimentary lounge excess each year. You should go with this card only if you have some travel plans with Indigo. Frequent flyers with IndiGo should go with the 6E Rewards XL card which we have reviewed here.
HDFC Bank is currently issuing only one credit card per customer but considering this as a co-brand card, the bank may issue this card on case to case basis, which depends on your relationship with the bank.