Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card is one of the travel oriented credit card by Citibank. This card offers excellent flexibility in earning and redeeming reward points for those who are more into travel. Today we’re here to tell you about every specification of this Citibank Premier Miles Credit card. We hope these details which are mentioned will help to understand about features and benefits of this card. To know more, keep scrolling down.
After signing up for this card, you get 10,000 Miles after you spend Rs 1,000 in the first 60 days of card issuance.
- 3,000 Miles each year after paying the renewal fees.
- Complimentary lounge access for primary cardholders in India. If you own the Mastercard version, you get 6 complimentary lounge access in India per quarter, and for Visa Signature version, you get 8 complimentary visits per quarter.
- Air Travel Insurance of upto Rs. 1 crore
- Lost Card liability cover of upto Rs. 10 lacs
Earning Reward Points
- You can earn 10 miles for each Rs 100 spent on booking Hotels, flights via premier miles website.
- Earn 10 miles for each Rs 100 on booking flights from any airline websites directly. Note: If you book tickets from any third party website, you would be earning only regular 4 miles for each Rs 100 spent.
- Earn 4 miles/Rs 100 spent for all other transactions except Transportation & Tolls, Utilities, Insurance, Education & Government Institutions on which you earn no reward points.
Redeeming Reward Points
There are plenty of options to redeem Citibank Premier Miles points-
- Premier Miles can be redeemed at premiermiles website for booking Hotels & Flights. 1 Mile = Re 0.45
- You can redeem your miles instantly via SMS on any purchase on MakeMyTrip goibibo and Indigo and for flight booking on yatra.com
- You can transfer your premier miles to different airline miles like Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Singapore Airways, Thai Airways, Qatar Airways, Air India etc. in the ratio 2:1
- You can redeem your mile for Taj Inner Circle in the ratio 2 miles: 1 TIC
- You can redeem for various gift vouchers on the Citibank website.
Fees & Charges:
- Yearly & Renewal fee: Rs 3000+tax
- Foreign Markup Charges:3.5%+tax
- Interest Rate: The interest rate is between 37.20% and 42.00% per annum. The interest rate is applicable according to the various expenses made by the card user.
Citibank premier miles credit card used to be pretty popular with travelers, but they have devalued the points. Earlier the transfer ratio to various airlines was 1:1, but now they have reduced to 2:1. As being a travel card, we expect complimentary international lounge access to be provided, which is not the case. The only benefit which we liked is that the miles on this card don’t expire, so you can accumulate and spend on your dream vacation. I am still holding this credit card since 5 6 years, so at some point I can upgrade to prestige.