HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card is one of the most popular credit card by HDFC bank, considering its lucrative reward points. Most of us are familiar with Visa or Mastercard or even Rupay cards; the Diners Black Card is powered by Diners Club. Today we are going to write about all the features of this card covering ways to earn and redeem reward points, credit card acceptance, fees & charges etc.
HDFC provides complimentary annual membership of the following platforms –
- Forbes Digital Subscription
- Club Marriott
- Zomato Gold
- MakeMyTrip Double Black
- Amazon Prime
- Times Prime
These welcome benefits are available after completing the first transaction with the HDFC Diners Club Black credit card and only to those who have paid the annual fees and not those who have got the card for free.
- Members who achieve yearly spend of Rs 8 Lac can get complimentary access to the platforms provided as welcome benefits for another year.
- Members who spend Rs 80,000 or above monthly are offered to avail any two monthly vouchers amongst TataCLiQ, BookMyShow or OLA Select worth Rs 500.
- Unlimited access to domestic and international lounges for both primary and addon credit card holders. For international lounge access, you won’t be issued any separate card like priority pass. Your Diners Black credit card would work as an entry to the lounge. The Diners Club partner lounges are available in most of the top international airports. We were able to use this card in different parts of the world for lounge access. You can check all the international lounges here
- Diners Black Card Members can get exclusive discounts at various spas, salons, gyms etc. For a full list of offers, visit here.
- Complimentary golf games 6 per quarter at both domestic and international golf courses.
- 24/7 access to Concierge Services to assist you in booking everything for you while you enjoy the experience.
- Accidental air death coverage of Rs 2 crore.
- Credit card liability cover of upto Rs 9 lac.
Earning Reward Points
After HDFC Bank Infinia credit card, HDFC Diners Black is the only credit card on which you can get the full benefit of HDFC 10x smartbuy offer.
- Earn 10x reward points(50 points on Rs 150 spend) on HDFC Smartbuy website upto 15,000 points per month.
- Earn 2x reward points on weekend dining spends.
- Earn 5 points per Rs 150 spent on all other transactions
- Reward points on insurance transactions is capped to 2000 per transaction.
- No reward point on EasyEMI and wallet spends.
It seems HDFC Bank hasn’t extended the standalone HDFC Diners 10x offer from April 2020. We would update this post as soon as we get more information about it.
The Reward points earned are valid for 3 years.
Redeeming Reward Points
- You can Redeem Reward points for booking Air Tickets across Airlines and various Domestic and International Hotels on HDFC smartbuy website where value of 1 Reward Point = Re 1.
- Convert HDFC Diners Club Black Credit card points to different Air Miles for airlines like British Airways Executive Club (Avios), InterMiles, Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer Miles) and Club Vistara(1 Reward Point = 1 Air mile).
- You can convert reward points to cash in the ratio 1 Reward Point = Re 0.30
We prefer using the reward points on smartbuy website for booking flight tickets.
Eligibility, Fees & Charges
To apply for this card, the age of the person should be between 21 and 60 years. A salaried person needs to have a minimum monthly income of Rs 1.75 Lac and self-employed should have a minimum income tax return of Rs 21 lac.
Annual Membership charges– Rs 10,000 + taxes. HDFC Bank may issue credit card for free on case to case basis. Like for alumni of premium colleges, they are issuing HDFC Diners Club Black Credit card for free. Spend Rs 5 lac in a year and get renewal fees waived.
Foreign Markup charges– 1.99% + taxes. We have noticed that conversion charge on Diners Club credit cards is almost 1% more than any other Visa or Mastercard.
HDFC Diners Club Black credit card is still one of the most wanted cards in India because of its 10x reward points feature. There is no card in the world where you can earn 33% reward points. The acceptance of the Diners Club card has also gradually increased in India; almost all e-commerce websites are accepting the card now. Overall, HDFC Bank Diners black card is for people who enjoy a luxurious lifestyle and premium experiences.