ICICI Bank has launched Emeralde Credit card last year to tap the premium segment. This is the latest card in their gemstone collection placed above Coral, rubyx and Sapphiro and below the Diamant Credit Card. The bank is targeting senior professionals and entrepreneurs with this card.
This card provides a host of benefits like unlimited lounge access, spa facilities at select airports, low markup charges etc. which we would be discussing shortly. The card is available in both American Express and Mastercard version, though the rewards provided in the American Express version are more than the Mastercard one. Let’s dive into all the features and benefits of this card-
- Unlimited access to both domestic and international lounge for primary cardholders. For the domestic lounge, the MasterCard version provides access to more lounges in more places while lounges in the American Express version is limited to Tier 1 cities. The international lounge access is provided by Dragon Pass. Dragon Pass has access to more lounges in Asian countries.
- Unlimited complimentary spa at select airports through Dreamfolks DragonPass membership. You can avail either of Foot Reflexology, Head or Shoulder Massage, Upper Back Massage for 30 minutes during 1 visit. For a complete list of SPA visit here.
- Zero cancellation charges of up to 2 bookings worth Rs 12,000 in a year on any flight/hotel/movie ticket cancellation. This is a unique feature that we have noticed only in this credit card.
- Buy 1, Get 1 free movie ticket at BookMyShow upto Rs 750 per ticket. You can get upto 4 complimentary tickets with this offer.
- 4 Complimentary golf rounds each month on spending Rs 50,000 in the previous month.
- Discounts on VLCC, Kaya Skin Clinic, Richfeel, True Fitt n Hill and Gold’s Gym through HealthAssure membership which is provided complimentary with this card.
Additional benefits on American Express variant
- Get complimentary Rs 5,000 voucher from Da Milano after spending Rs 2 lacs in first 2 months of your joining.
- Get complimentary Rs 7,500 voucher from Trident on your birthday. This voucher can only be used for food.
- Get complimentary access to Boingo Wi-Fi using which you can access around 1 million hotspots worldwide.
With ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit card you earn 4 payback points per Rs 100 on all retail transactions. On utilities and insurance you would earn 1 payback point per Rs 100 spent and no reward point on fuel transactions. The value of 4 payback point = Re 1
Payback points can be used at many places like bigbazaar, Central and for purchasing various gift vouchers. Payback points can also be used at Mobikwik for recharge.
Eligibility, Fees & Charges
For salaried person, the minimum salary should be Rs 3,00,000 per month and for business the ITR should be of Rs 30 lacs.
Credit Card Fees
You can pay the credit card fees monthly or annually. Monthly membership fees is Rs 1000 + taxes which gets reversed if you spend Rs 1 lac in previous month. Annual membership is Rs 12,000 + taxes which gets reversed if you spend Rs 15 lacs in an anniversary year.
- Foreign Markup Charges– 1.5% + taxes
- 1% fuel waiver charges at all outlets in India.
ICICI Bank has tried to position this card in the super premium category. They are providing host of benefits like unlimited lounge/spa access, movie tickets, less foreign markup charges. The only drawback is the reward points provided by this card and less welcome benefits.