SBI Card is one of the top credit card issuer in India with SBI Card elite being there most premium card. It offers excellent benefits like incredible reward points and bonus on online shopping. I have been holding SBI Card Elite since it’s launch as old SBI signature Cardholders were upgraded to SBI Card Elite.
Today we are going to share every detail of this SBI card Elite. You might be getting curious to know about the benefits provided by this card, so if you want to know more than keep reading the information provided below about this SBI Card Elite.
As a signup bonus, SBI Card sends you a welcome voucher worth Rs 5,000. You can select from Yatra, Hush Puppies/Bata, Pantaloons, Aditya Birla Fashion and Shoppers Stop gift vouchers.
- One of the main benefit provided by this card is two free movie tickets up to Rs 500 each month on BookMyShow. This particular benefit offsets the credit card annual fees.
- Complimentary Domestic lounge access up to two times a quarter.
- Complimentary International lounge access by Priority Pass up to 6 times a year (maximum two times each quarter)
- Complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership, which provides you with one complimentary lounge voucher and one upgrade voucher.
- Complimentary Trident Privilege Red Tier membership
Earning Reward Points
- Earn up to 5X Reward Points on departmental stores, dining and grocery expenses.
- Earn up to 2 Reward Points per Rs 100 on all additional expenses.
- Earn up to 2 Reward Points on global transactions.
- You get 10,000 extra reward points on achieving yearly spending of Rs. 3 Lacs and 4 Lacs each.
- You’ll get an additional 15,000 bonus reward points on making an annual spend of Rs. 5 Lacs and 8 Lacs each.
So in total, you can earn 50,000 extra reward points by spending eight lacs in a year.
Redeeming Reward Points
- You can pay your card outstanding by converting your reward points. 4 Reward Points = 1 Re
- You can also redeem your reward points for gift vouchers available at the SBI Card website.
Fees & Charges
SBI card Elite annual & renewal fees is Rs 4,999+ taxes. Your annual and renewal fees get reversed if you spend Rs 10 lacs+ in a year.
Foreign Markup Charges: 2%
The overall benefits provided by the card like both domestic and international lounge access, free movies tickets, bonus reward points are at par with other credit cards. If you can spend ten lacs via this credit card, you get all the above benefits along with 70,000 reward points which are worth rs 17,500 for just the taxes ( Rs 900 when calculated at 18% GST) as your annual and renewal fees gets refunded. Isn’t it worth applying 🙂 and if you aren’t approved based on the criteria set by SBI Card, you can also get SBI Card Elite Advantage by opening a fixed deposit with the SBI bank. Both the cards SBI Card Elite Advantage and SBI Card Elite has the same benefits. Last time we checked with the bank, we were told that you could get the card by opening a fixed deposit of Rs 6 lacs.